13   150
8   145
11   210
18   170
9   124
22   246
8   199

The ultimate guide to explore Split in 48 hours!

Split’s waterfront, Riva, is the heart of the town, and the pride of every person from Split. The Seafront promenade is lined with cafes, bars, eateries and souvenir shops. I love Split. It is a typical Mediterranean town, vibrant, charming and fun. As the largest Dalmatian town, Split also offers to its visitors loads of things to do.

img_4439

We stayed in Split for a couple of days and visited some of the islands. The interesting islands to visit for a day include Brac, Hvar, Solta and Drenik Veli. The most popular spot on the island is Uvala Krknjasi, popularly called Blue Lagoon due to its turquoise waters. You can visit these islands by ferry boat, on your own. Island hopping is fun and provides best swimming and snorkeling in the area. It is a must do if you are in Croatia.

Viator provides more than 300 day trips, island hopping trips, walking tours etc in Croatia and at a very reasonable rates.

Hit the link to find more about short Tours in Croatia and get amazing discounts.

img_3860

Summer Retreats

img_4048

Nature’s Delight

img_3785

img_6863

Blue Cave

Where to Stay:

One of your biggest travel expenses and time-consuming tasks is booking accommodation, and we all want to save time and hopefully some money when searching for deals online.

Whilst there are plenty of websites these days to help you search for accommodation, some are more trustworthy than others, and some are easier to navigate than others.

1. Booking.com:

I’m sure you are already familiar with Booking.com, they are my all time favourite with lot of different types of accommodation you can book on their website: Hotels, Apartments, Resorts,  Villas,  B&B and Guesthouses.

In my opinion, not only are they are the best hotel booking site, but the best accommodation website.

And if the above options aren’t enough for your style or budget, you can even book Lodges, chalets, luxury tents, campsites and more.

2. AirBnb

It is an online marketplace and hospitality service, enabling people to list or rent short-term lodging including vacation rentals, apartment rentals, homestays, hostel beds, or hotel rooms.

Unforgettable trips start with Airbnb.

Sign up now and earn a discount coupon for your first booking.

In a nutshell, primary reasons for me to visit Split:

• Being a coastal Mediterranean city, the city springs great traditional culture as well while capturing modern influences as well.
  • Split was under the rule of many empires, including Roman and Austrian-Hungarian. It inevitably reflected on their culture, architecture and mentality.
  • The Old city of Split is one of the oldest in the world, and it is really authentic!
  • Feel like exploring a bit? Beautiful islands like Hvar, Brac, as well as others, are in close proximity.
  • Games of thrones was captured there 😉 So for all you fans out there, you yourself can walk the streets of Meereen and Braavos!

All these, plus the fact that the city is less touristy than Dubrovnik (for now) makes it a great destination for your next vacation!

Explore more in Croatia –

Plitvice Lakes: Verdant scenery and cascading waterfalls

Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you make purchase using these links. However, it will cost you exactly same or sometimes less. This money goes towards maintaining the website.

25 Comments

1. March 9, 2017 / 5:55 pm

I’ll be going to split in the summer and your post has made me very excited! Looks beautiful!

• March 9, 2017 / 6:00 pm

It is!! No lies!! And best time to enjoy is Summers!! So you have a great vacation to look forward to 🙂 enjoy! Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to seeing a post on your experience too:)

• March 9, 2017 / 6:13 pm

Thank you! A couple of people I know didn’t like split so I’m keen to get out there and see what I think! I’m counting down the days! Your posts on Croatia are fab , will be reading them all before I go! 🙂

• March 9, 2017 / 6:17 pm

I loved Croatia in all !!! I hope you like it too 🙂

• March 31, 2017 / 7:40 am

Home run! Great slugigng with that answer!

2. March 10, 2017 / 7:28 am

Wow, I didn’t realise that Croatia is so beautiful!

3. March 10, 2017 / 9:51 am

Lovely blog you have here Aditi…..absolutely started following it instantly..:)….I am kind of novice in blogging and have started a small blog called musicalsoundscapes………travelogues and travel photography are always so refreshing and informative and great fun……..liking your posts very much..:)

• March 10, 2017 / 10:11 am

Thank you so much Anindya! You made my day 🙂 Traveling and photography are a perfect blend to relish beautiful experiences 🙂

4. March 12, 2017 / 8:16 pm

I noticed you liked my previous blog post! 🙂 Thank you! I have seen a few of yours, the pictures you take are amazing. Utrecht and Amsterdam are both cities in my country so it’s an interesting thing to see 🙂

• March 12, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Thanks a lot dear!! I really loved both your cities! And I wish to explore more in Netherlands in future 🙂

5. March 20, 2017 / 4:40 pm

Love your pictures! I am going to Montenegro then to Croatia at the end of April and your pictures make me sooo excited!!

6. April 3, 2017 / 9:55 am

Beautiful photos! We are going to Split this year. Can you recommend a quiet part to stay in near the sea, not too far from the town at all where jogging might be possible? I have just started a poetry blog here on WordPress in case you have time to look? Have a good day, Sam 🙂

• April 3, 2017 / 11:30 am

Wow that sounds great!
      When we went to split we stayed in “Hotel Park Split”. This hotel was right next to sea and perfectly away from the crowd! You can check this place at booking.com as well.

• April 3, 2017 / 11:40 am

This is a great tip thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

• April 3, 2017 / 1:58 pm

No problem! Happy to help:) And I will surely take a look at your blog too 🙂

7. April 5, 2017 / 2:37 pm

Aahh, Beautiful place, and some really stunning clicks !!
    Especially the “Blue cave” and the “cliff” 😎😍👌

8. April 12, 2017 / 7:05 pm

Great photos! I was more charmed by them than by the city itself 🙂 And the cave tour looks awesome!

9. May 10, 2017 / 9:29 pm

I was born here!
    I love Croatia, it’s one of the most beautiful places on Earth!

• May 10, 2017 / 10:02 pm

Yes I totally agree with you! What an amazing country! I did not know the beauty of this country untill I saw in Game of thrones!